Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fishes Make Wishes, oh yes they do!!!

Hello all!
We've gathered here today, in front of our monitors for a special post! It's the first of my new post series featuring fellow crafters/artists. For my opening post (ποδαρικό in Greek) I chose two wonderful girls, Georgia and Aleka, the soul and spirit of FishesMakeWishes!!!

I've gotten to know this great sisters through the EtsyGreekStreetTeam and I truly admire their work! They make amazing colorful and fun jewelry and they are sweethearts too for helping fellow team members with great advice and tutorials.

Without further delay, here's five things they want the world to know about them:


Georgia
One I love taking long walks at the beach near my house. I now walk 10km every day.
Two Nature is the perfect example of art. I gather a lot of inspiration from it.
Three I took vitraux lessons for 2 years and I have several pieces decorating my home and room. And though I liked it a lot getting cut (ouch!!) was really painful and bloody.
Four I've traveled in several countries European and Asian and I have to say that Singapore is my favorite destination.
Five For a year now I'm on a strict no salt and sugar diet, feta cheese is the food I crave the most.

Aleka:
One I am a Gemini. That makes me a bit of an unstable person, my mind wonders a lot and I find it hard to concentrate on one thing alone. I often work on two or three different projects at a time and then do nothing at all for a while. Stability is not a word that describes me. 
Two I have many many books and if there is such a thing as too many books I think I'm pretty close to achieving that. 
Three In my early twenties my wardrobe was mostly black clothes, I rarely bought something with color. Now my favorite shirt is a pastel green one.
Four Ever since I started making jewelry I haven't used black in any of my creations, I am drawn to the brightest colors and the most contradicting color combinations.
Five My kryptonite is chocolate, any shape or form of it and in my craziest moods I like mixing it with salty potato chips.

The girls are having a giveaway of this gorgeous fish brooch. All you have to do to enter is follow my blog and leave a comment with your favourite item from FishesMakeWishes (and a way of reaching you in case you win). If you like to have an extra entry, like FishesMakeWishes on facebook, heart their shop here or sign up for their newsletter here. Each of these gets you one entry (a total of three extras) provided that you leave a separate comment.
I will chose one winner through random.org, on Saturday, April 14th. 
Thank you girls!!!

Stay tuned for more gorgeous featured artists!

Take care
Akamatra
p.s.: Want to get featured? Keep calm and sent me an e-mail!

25 comments:

  1. What a great start!!! It was nice learning more about Georgia and Aleka!!
    I really like their shop. I find it fun and creative! Browsing through it makes me happy.

    There are many items in their store which I like but if I have to name one I would say this http://www.etsy.com/listing/60603484/twisted-cords-spring-necklace

    I wish them both many many sales!!!
    Dominika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Αλεκα τελειο το μαλλί κοντό!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ψαράκια!! Ένας πολυχρώμος κόσμος, με φαντασία!
    Τι όμορφο ποστ Νονά! Καλή αρχή στη νέα σειρά!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Fishes' work! I already have a brooch they mad which is one of my favorites!!! I really loved learning a bit more about them :) Thank you Fishes and thank you Maro for this new great series of posts! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature! Fantastic creations, too! Bravo sas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. μπραβο κοριτσια!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! Way to go girls!
    I already like them on FB and ofcourse I love their blog!
    ;))

    So I'll just tell you one of my favorite items from their shop:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/60974921/felt-heart-brooch-gifts-under-20 (everybody knows it!)

    Best of luck!
    Hope we'll meet again soon!
    :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following this blog on gfc as jhb.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/60603484/twisted-cords-spring-necklace
    is my fave item; a very pretty necklace.

    jhbalvin at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute blog! Found you through Etsy and I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm following the blog and I love everything in the shop especially the Hearts decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post!
    The girls are great! Their creations are bright and happy and the perfect pick me up!
    I love all their creations , especially the felt heart brooches! They are my absolute favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!!!

    What a nice blog!

    Found you through Etsy and i absolute loved your items!

    So i'm now following yor blog!
    My fave item is this http://www.etsy.com/listing/71053597/rainbow-felt-necklace

    You can contact me here
    littlethingsblogged@gmail.com

    Love
    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, that was very sweet, and cute foto! It doesnt matter that i win the brooch; it was already a treat to get to know you both. Filakia from Stella

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!

    http://www.menacherieblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved the series idea! Loved the interview! So cute and fun! I love all the fish brooches especially this one: "Big Fish brooch Paper mache hand painted" Pick me, pick me!!!! :D
    [ I already follow your blog maroulaki :))]

    ekotsikou@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I already heart the fishes make wishes etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. And I liked [ i dont believe i didnt already... :S ] their fb page!

    ReplyDelete
  18. a very nice small interview from aleka & georgia & a beautiful giveaway! i like their colorful & happy style of creating!
    i love all their creations! one of my favorites is the "papier mache house brooch, in pastel green"

    good luck to everyone!
    & have a happy Easter day!

    evdokia
    evdokiatsili@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i allready follow their facebook page as Evdokia Tsiligiridou

    ReplyDelete
  20. & i' ve signed in their newsletter!

    ReplyDelete
  21. & i allready have their shop in my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  22. akamatra i follow your blog too from today :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments so speak up (please)!

Blogging tips